In the event that a card needs to be BLOCKED e.g. it has been stolen or lost, you shall use the option of FREEZING the card.
This way, you have full control of your card and can protect yourself against unauthorized transactions.
You should immediately lock your card if anything looks suspicious to you.
In order to do that, follow the instructions below:
- Open the Akt.io application and go to the Card management page.
- Choose the card you want to lock.
- The button “Freeze” can be found just below the picture of the card.
- Once you tap the “Freeze” button, the visual of the card will change, it will look like it’s literally frozen.
If you change your mind, you can simply reverse this action by clicking the ‘’Unfreeze’’ button.
As a last resort, you can also CANCEL your card.
Be careful! Canceling a card is irreversible.
It is a last resort and you should only use it when necessary.
- Go to the card management screen and choose the card you want to cancel.
- Tap “Settings” and use the “Cancel my card” button.
Remember, if you cancel your card you will not be able to use it anymore and you will have to order a new one to use along with your Akt.io account.